Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Book Review: Clean and Simple Scrapbooking, by Cathy Zielske

OK, this is kind of an easy first review -- anyone who knows my various Scrapbooking predelictions knows that Cathy Z is my total scrapbook idol. As an instructional book, this is a good one, with Cathy's well-written and clear explanation of various Graphic Design terms and concepts. As an idea book, it is even better, with lots of CZ's fabulous layouts for ideas on how to create a sleek, modern layout.....Best of all is the "philosophy of scrapbooking" talk all mixed in -- I, for one, love the "Simple Scrapbooks" idea of pulling only your favorite photos out of the shoebox, leaving the rest for the rainy day that never comes.....The day I freed myself from the tyranny of "being caught up" was the day I really started to love and appreciate the expressive power of scrapbooking. A must read! Available by clicking the link below...at least I think...this is a new blog trick for me.....



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The perfect choice! My all time favorite idea book...it's not just good for eye candy, but really teaches you important principles in an easy, concrete way.

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree!! It took a bit for the idea of never being caught up to sink in.. but once it did, I was free to play and do what *I* wanted. Which is a zillion times more fun.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks for the tip. I looking forward to checking this out.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading this yet again and I absoluetly adore Cathy Z. She is my idol since taking her class at CKU Boston

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. This book freed me. CZ has totally turned around the way I scrap.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home