Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, April 04, 2005

Forget the Wee Bairns.


Who Do you Scrap FOR, Anyway? It's a common enough question among scrappers -- usually directed to those of us who love to torture ourselves with contests and publication. Let's be honest. We do not scrapbook for our children. As I've said before, we STOP scrapping for our children, lest they starve. Well, this page, from my passed over 2005 CK Hall of Fame entry, gives my response to THAT tired old question.

Journaling Reads: I Admit It. I don’t do this for my kids. I don’t do it to preserve my family’s memories, nor do I do it to leave my children a tangible chronicle of their young lives. I don’t look at my children in the misty evening light and think, “this is why I scrapbook.” I do PLENTY for them with the rest of the day. I scrapbook for me. Me, me, ME. This is my outlet, my creative expression, my art. Even if I am creating a layout about my children, it is not really about them and their lives, rather, it is about my experience as their mother. Yes, I am proud to leave my babies with many creations that express my love for them. But I’m mostly proud that I have found a wonderful way to express myself, one that has challenged and inspired me, while introducing me to wonderful new friends from around the world. So there. Posted by Hello

8 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

woohoo!
I love it :)

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I *could* make an argument for "doing it for my...um...husband" if I was to say "I scrapbook for my husband because if I don't scrapbook, I'll be cranky and homicidal."

Love the layout, particularly the "so there."

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! You sound like a guinea pig. ;)

5:11 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I don't have kids yet, so it is definetely all about me. Oh, yeah...and this guy who lives with me. Say he my husband, or something.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Forgot to say that I really love your layout.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear, hear!
I don't have kids....yet, but I know after Smudge gets here I'll still be scrapping for me! I don't even scrap for calls....just for me.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Plateau Princess said...

Excellent layout.. :D ..but you forgot to say "Nyah!" at the end.. ;)

1:42 PM  
Blogger Cammy said...

Well said! ITA

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home