Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, July 18, 2005

The Good Part


I am not one of those women who loves being pregnant. You will not catch me floating, glowing, and radiating the glory of my own fecundity -- rather, I spend 9 months whining about nausea, aching joints, heartburn, and general malaise. And, while the nurses at the hospital insisted that I was "born to have babies" and that I am the all time childbirth Champ-een....well, let's just say that pushing the critters out is not the way I'd choose to spend a day.....

But this! This is the good part! I am in pure bliss the moment that baby is placed in my arms -- none of this bathed and wrapped business, either...after all that work, I want that baby the instant she is born.

This morning, I got up early, helped my older two girls get dressed, and sent them down with Daddy for breakfast. Then, I crawled back into bed with Wee One for a good nurse, snuggle, and nap. There can be no experience on this Earth so close to Heaven as crawling under the covers with a sleeping newborn, and drifting off to rest surrounded by soft skin and sweet, peachy baby breath........

 Posted by Picasa

16 Comments:

Blogger Candi said...

Amen to that. I know exactly what you mean. Hubby wants me to get our wee one out of our bed but I really am finding it hard to put him in his own. It's just so nice to snuggle next to him (not to mention easy when he wakes up and wants to nurse). Enjoy those times!! I know I am.

9:26 PM  
Blogger May said...

What a beautiful photo and I felt like you were talking about me! I too had an all-natural birthing experience, and I would NOT choose to spend a day that way either! Oh but the moment (my) Elizabeth was in my arms it made up for every moment of suffering for the past 9 months and more! Your baby is SO beautiful and enjoy the newborn days!!! =)

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, if that isn't the truth!!!!! She is beautiful, Elaine! I'm so glad that you're getting a chance to enjoy her with some one-on-one time. Not an easy thing to do with the third one.

Steph

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is sooo beautiful!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Indeed! I love snuggling with babies!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Wanda E. Santiago said...

She is precious!! I am glad you are doing good!! Hugs Wanda

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO true!! NO better feeling on earth for sure.. I miss that! Do NOT miss being preggo though,lol!

She is a beauty Lanus- Enjoy her!

melanie

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that! And your new addition is beautiful.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Rori Smith-Koch said...

OMG she is so adorable Lanus! Check out my new baby niece (blog or 2ps aka scrappinkochie)

So true about the snuggly baby stuff it is so wonderful.

Rori Koch

12:13 AM  
Blogger Janet O. said...

She is just gorgeous! You are making me have baby ache again, and i am SO DONE! darn you! I totally know what you mean...the next best thing is a freshly bathed, freshly diapered, sleepy baby in a fuzzy sleeper. Ahhhhhh.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your baby girl looks so precious, enjoy your newborn time with her. It's amazing how the memories of pregnancy and childbirth are completely erased (well maybe not completely). Congrats to you and the family again :)

10:37 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lanus - I love looking at baby Elizabeth.....she is beautiful. Thanks for sharing her photos!

~Mary
Superior Pea

1:44 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Stewart said...

There can be no experience on this Earth so close to Heaven as crawling under the covers with a sleeping newborn, and drifting off to rest surrounded by soft skin and sweet, peachy baby breath........

Lanus,

I sure hope you're going to journal this some day. It made me tear up :) Your baby girl is BEAUTIFUL.

Jennifer
(Jenyfer28)

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's absolutely adorable! I loved reading this blog entry - made me stop and think about those moments. They may be over for me, but they were really wonderful. Thanks for refreshing my memory! :)

2:02 PM  
Blogger Lisa Moorefield said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home