Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

New Music for the Child-of-the-80's Within

No, no baby yet.....any day, any day....It's becoming my mantra.......




OK, many of you know that a large part of my is stuck in the 1980's. This is particularly odd, considering that I spent much of that decade in the throes of teen misery. But, for me, there was one escape -- punky new wave Eurotrash music! Many of you know what I mean...you young whippersnappers (I'm lookin' at you, Turch) can listen to this disc to get an idea.

Yesterday, I finally bought myself a new CD (haven't done it in years...) and happily am grooving to the Killers, a groovy mix of early-U2 guitar riffs, Moody Psychedelic Furs vocals, and a general Cure/Depeche Mode funky depressing dance feel.....

Plus, there is nothing as fun as listening to "Mr. Brightside" in the car REALLY LOUD. In my teens and 20's, the lyrics would have been the embodiment of misunderstood intensity, and now, to be honest, they are just creepy. Really creepy. Try to overlook that and have some fun.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

I really enjoy the Killers... but I have to agree their lyrics are creepy. They're from Vegas and were obviously into the whole nightclub scene. In fact, putting their lyrics into that context, it almost makes sense. And THAT is creepy. LOL

5:56 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Yeah - what Jessie said! I am getting into the Killers too - at first I did not like the cd but it is growing on me :)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I have this CD on order, I can't wait until it comes in.

Their lyrics do sound creepy, though!

Good luck on the baby!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Nancy N. said...

Don't know who the Killers are...how lame am I? LOL But my husband always laughs at me because my car radio is permanently set on the 80's channel...

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup - one of my fave CDs -i listen to it a lot - gotta support the hometown boys - i used to work with the bass player awhile back - i knew he played in a band but never knew that the band was actually really good

good luck with the impending delivery and congrats!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

It came, I rocked out to this album last night!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking for a baby :)

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home