Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, June 24, 2005

Inspiration Friday: Anticipation.

OK, I know it's been a pathetically long time since I updated the wild and wacky world of my blog. So shoot me. I'm at 37 weeks, and, given the early schedule my other 2 kiddos were on, this kid is coming soon....but, when? Not over the next week, I hope...I need a little more time to make frozen lasagnes and take belly shots (come on, you all know it has to be done) and wash wee teeny T shirts before the Big Day. But still, I feel those tiny heels pushing on my ribs and I can start to see the tiny PERSON in there. When...WHEN? Am I ready for this? I am exhausted now with 2 kidlets....how will I handle THREE????? But, then, my body is stressed to the limit and I don't think pregnancy is something I can endure much longer. What if I need a more "medical" birth this time? My first two had very natural deliveries, but I'm older now....35 and never even had an IV......I'm scared, excited, and tired all at once....I can't even look at the calendar without getting stressed about how close it is all becoming.....

OK, how is this inspiring? Well, that stream of consciousness ramble will be adapted for journaling on a page for my pregnancy journal....I'll try to get the elipses under control and share the finished result on Monday. What are you anticipating this summer? Are you happy, or do you want to hide under the covers from the entire thing? Or, like me, a little of each........

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy N. said...

You will do fine! Don't forget if you DO require more medical intervention this time that a healthy baby is the most important thing. I know you are nervous now, but if they tell you that you need something for the good of the baby you know you won't even blink before just doing it! And really, most of the stuff that they would do to you involves lots of drugs anyway, so you won't care! {grin} Hang in there sweetie - you'll be holding your little one before you know it and then that is all that will matter!

My summer is going to be crazy - CKU, a lengthy visit from my mom, and lots of deadlines - but nothing like you've got! I am envious!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

You'll do fine, Elaine. That baby will be here before you know it (smile of recognition at the heels thing) and you probably will have a med free birth this time too - two and three are the easiest, I've heard.

My summer is going to be quiet, and I'm way ok with that.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home