Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, April 11, 2005

This Handbasket sure is COMFY......

OK, so the Knights of Columbus presented the Gifts at Mass yesterday, in full Knight regalia. Now, I love the Knights, they do great community work...but when I see them enter in their cloaks and befeathered hats, I can't help but hum "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General."

Yesterday, I was not alone. The little girl sitting next to me turned to her mother and said, quite loudly, "MOMMY! LOOK AT THE PIRATES!!!!!"

Yes, Cutie....but don't sit so close....we don't want to tempt God with a 2-for-1 on the Lightning Bolt thing......

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny!!!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

My father is a 4th degree knight, so he wears the feathered hat and all of the accompanying regalia for special masses. We considered having them do an honor guard line at our wedding, but decided against it, as ours was not a "pirate" theme. LOL!

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

roflol. my kids wonder what i'm laughing about - no way i'm explaining the lightning bolt bit to them. :P love your sense of humor.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lanus! Bwahahaaha! Now, you have that song running through my head!

PS - no harm, no foul on the TwoPeas board. I hope you don't mind my correction.

Mimi(Mimima)

6:18 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

It's all good, Mimi....I appreciate the correction, I love to learn about other religions, I always find it enriches my own, so thank you! -- lanus

9:03 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Glad to hear! Thanks so much for your wonderful comments, I've learned a lot in the past few days on Two Peas.

BTW, I've never seen a Knight of Columbus in uniform. Sounds like I'm missing out!

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home