Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Inspiration -- What's in YOUR wallet?

...Or, if you prefer, CD changer! I love my CD changer -- that component (yes, I still use stereo components, however antiquated that may seem. How else would I be able to doggedly maintain my turntable and sizable vinyl collection?) has always been my favorite. Pick 5 CDs, shuffle, and play! Bigger jukebox systems (or, dare I say it, an iPod) just have too much variety for a good shuffle....but the 5 CD shuffle always yields a good mix.....I put in a new batch yesterday for housecleaning and fun ensued:

*1Pearl Jam, Ten
*2Oingo Boingo, Best o'Boingo
*3Indigo Girls, 1200 Curfews Disc 2
*4Killers, Hot Fuss
*5U2, Achtung Baby

My vacuum and I danced the afternoon away. A suitable replacement for the Dinner Tunes that were in there previously, featuring Diana Krall, Van Morrison, Norah Jones, Nick Drake and the Wiggles. Don't ask.

What's in YOUR Changer?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"where's jeeeeef. Did he go for a ride? where's jeeeeef. Is he he sleeping outside? Where's jeff. Is he in the countryside? where's jeff.... why-iee-iee ieee....."
top 5 cd picks for now:
Wiggles
Miles davis
They might be giants: ABCs
Ani DiFranco: Live
Lisa stansfield
and then our all 80s radio station. Nothing beats a little "rock the casbah" with a dancing 2 year old...
"lookee lookee here, lookeee lookee there.. lookee lookee lookee lookee lookee everywhere..."

9:28 AM  
Blogger Artsyfartsy1 said...

Way to go with Indigo Girls and U2. Love listenting to I.G's when I'm traveling in the car too. My iPod shuffle list has way too many to list.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

LOL.....Caroline, you can't be telling me that TMBG's ABC's is STILL rockin' the house? Let us be grateful that Barney has fallen from favor amongst cool toddlers....E

10:41 AM  
Blogger Bay in TN said...

I don't have a CD changer, but if I did, this is what I would have in it:
- Rachael Yamagata "Happenstance" (excellent, fabulous, bluesy, a smidge on the depressed side, but surprisingly strong and resilient and sometimes funny)
- Sarah Bettens "Scream" (New obsession, and if you like the Indigo Girls, you'll like Sarah)
- Guster "Keep It Together" (Cannot describe how much I love this little pop-infused, fluffily disguised piece of poetry)
- Old Jason Mraz CD (because I haven't gotten the new one yet, but I need it because Rachael contributed something)
- Bill Withers Greatest Hits ("Ain't No Sunshine" may be the greatest song of all time. Ever. Amen.)

And it's nice to see that Lanus's blog is nearly as {hot} as she is!!!! :D

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take TMBGs over Barney ANY day. (T. has no idea who or what Barney IS and I am keeping it that way.) Laurie Berkner is do-able kids music too since its sort've folksie and I can pretend I am back in the poineer valley...
He is also a fan of early 90s hip hop. Recent favs of his include "You can't touch this" and - thanks to a pampers commercial - "I got the power!" by SNAP. Greeeeaaat...

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Best o'Boingo - I have a new want!

I love my CD changer (although I just hit shuffle on my MP3 player now).

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home