Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Dispatch from the Hall of Justice, Mommy Style.

Today, I simultaneously

1) Nursed 3 week old daughter
2) Pushed shopping cart down aisle at Target with remaining hand
3) Evaluated construction, measurements, and general value of shelving units
4) Admonished 3 year old daughter not to climb on beanbag display
5) Further admonished 7 year old daughter not to admonish 3 year old as that is Mommy's job.

So, when will they issue my cape?


Coming soon: More on the style discussion....What is the "Art Journal" style, anyway, and what do other obsessive scrappers think?

6 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

been there! so rotfl right now! ahhh...memories.

# 3 used to have food on his head constantly from being in the sling while I cooked, tended brothers, answered the phone... whatever! :)
katy aka cuphalffull

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sounds so like something my mom used to do.

10:44 PM  
Blogger May said...

You get some kind of reward for that!!! I am impressed!

I don't know exactly how to describe art journal style- but I have been doing it for years on and off. Never knew it had a name until a few months ago! {I like it!}

11:43 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Congratulations! You do deserve a cape!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah - that's where we earn our stripes!!! And the line to your 7 yo about it being Mommy's job is said daily here to my 7 yo also. "You are not the Mommy." :)

Gorgeous baby, Elaine!!

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mwa-ha-ha! Hey, better watch it, Missy... in Colorado you can get a ticket for meeting your child's nutritional needs in public...

SO right there with the 3YO/7YO thing. I remind Fisher at least four thousand times a week that he's not the Rhys Police. It helps that it rhymes. Though it seems to have no effect on his overall behavior.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home